- He is a postgraduate in drama from Rabindra
Bharati University, Kolkata.
- Received Young Talent Scholarship from the
Dept. of Culture, Govt. of India.
- Sangeet Natak Academy, New Delhi sponsored
study tour to know the traditional style of
acting of the Kudiattam and Kathakali at Kerala
- Awarded Junior and Senior Fellowship by the
Department of Culture, Govt. of India.
- Awarded best talented performing artist by
National Youth Forum.
- Received Indian Critic Council's ICC Award
for his contribution towards Pantomime.
- Award from the Drama India Academy for contribution
towards the development of "Mime Theatre" in
- Received AICA Award from All India Critic
Association, New Delhi, for the contribution
in mime art in India.
- Founded Indian Mime Theatre in 1976.
- Conducts classes as visiting lecturer in
the Dept. of Drama in different Universities.
- Conducting research work on "Rasa & Bhava" based
on BharatMuni's Natyashastra.
- Delivers lecture demonstration on various
institutions on performing art.
- Visiting Professor of National School of
Drama, New Delhi, Bharatendu Natya Academy,
Lucknow, Film and Television Institute of India,
- Delivers speech on Personality Development
in various Management Institutions.
- Perform Mukabhinaya all
over India as well as different parts of the
- Received SANGEET NATAK ACADEMY AWARD for
2002, for Life Time Achievement in mime from
President of India in 2003.
- Received the prestigious "PADMA SHRI" award
in 2009 from the President of India.
- Felicitated by the Eyel Isai Nataka Manram,
by Mukul Deb, Director, Muk Akademy, Kolkata at
by Chunilal Kar,Director, Youth Mime Group,
by Kalpataru Guha, Cultural Secretary, Modern
Art & Photography
For the Deaf,at Sisir Mancha, Kolkata,
by Tarun Pradhan, Director, Saranga And Sarbhuj,
Medinipur, West Bengal at Rabindra
- Felicited by
Arasan Madhu ,Director,Indian Mime
by Avantilal P. Chawla,Mime artiste of
Gujrat at Sisir Mancha, Kolkata.
by Guru Arjun Mishra,Director,Kathak Akademi,Lucknow,U.P.
by Dr. Rajaram B.V. , Director, Kalagangotri,
at LTG Auditorium, New Delhi.
by Arasan Madhu, Director, Indian Mime
Academy, at LTG Auditorium, New Delhi.
by Irshad Alam Khan, Director, Talent, Delhi
At LTG Auditorium,New Delhi.
by Shubhashis Sen , Director, Tal Btal
Puppet Group, Kolkata, at Sisir Mancha, Kolkata.
by Arasan Madhu ,Director, Indian Mime
Academy, at Kalakshetra, Guwahati.
by the 4th National Mime Committee at
by the Young Mime Artistes of Mime Academy,
Guwahati, Assam at State Youth Centre,
by Arasan Madhusudan, Director, Indian
Mime Academy, at State Youth Centre, Moulali,
by the Young Mime Artistes of Natyashala, Mumbai,
Maharastra, At State Youth Centre, Moulali,
by Vilas Janve, Director, Vasant Kala
Mandir, Udaipur, Rajasthan at State Youth Centre,
by Chaitanya Art Theatre at Rabindra Bharati,
Hyderabad in connection of their Twentieth
anniversary Festival named ‘Kalaa Kirnalu
by Ms. Shukla Bandyopadhaya Palit, Director,
Natanam Kolkata, and Prof. Sharmita
Chatterje, Director, Sharmistha Cultural unit,
- Felicited by
Shri Deekshit, D.S. Founder President and
Director : Theatre & T.V. Media, Akkineni
Media Acting at Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh.
- Felicited by
Dr. Nagbhushan Sharma, Director :
Rasaranjani , in connection with ‘Mime Workshop’
conducted by Shri Niranjan Goswami in collaboration
with National School of Drama Regional Centre,
Bangalore and Rasaranjani, Hyderabad, Andhra